Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Talk of the Town: Birmingham Auto Transport Services

If you're searching for Birmingham auto transport services, you need to understand a bit about the city itself and what's really going on when it comes to transporting your vehicle in or out of the city. When you're transporting from areas directly north of the state, carriers will typically use I-65 to get from there down into Birmingham, as I-65 is the only major north-south interstate that goes through the city proper. What's nice is that I-65 actually connects with I-20 in the city, which makes it easier for carriers running routes in the region to simply stop in Birmingham, pick your vehicle up (or drop it off), then head down south into Louisiana and Texas via I-20.

What's also nice is the fact that Alabama has several major metro areas that sit along I-65, including Montgomery and Mobile. Mobile is perhaps more popular, at least for auto transporters, because it's where I-65 connects with I-10, the most highly-traveled interstate south of I-20. As it runs from California to Florida, I-10 is a major east-west interstate that services only the southern parts of Alabama - but the fact that it connects to several different interstates along its route definitely helps the cause as well. Check out more about Alabama here.

No comments: