Thursday, July 28, 2011

4-Cylinder Engines More Popular Than Ever

In the wake of high gas prices and pushes for environmentally friendly vehicles that save at the pump, customers are turning away from six-cylinder and eight-cylinder engines in record numbers. Auto transporters have noticed a decline in v6 and v8 engines over the years, and the numbers don’t lie: four-cylinder engines account for 43% of vehicles on the road today, up from 25% in 2005, while v8 engine sales have dropped to just 18% from 29% just six years ago. Six cylinders dropped from 43% to 37%, and analysts are projecting more drops over the next few years.

5 comments:

Enterprise search appliance said...

A lot of Thanks for the posting an important article! This campaigns is really good and I would also like to note that the Engine blog.
Thanks
Nancy

"Engine and Transmission World"

John Petter said...

Yes, it is...
http://www.herbscity.com/

John Petter said...

Yes, it is

anay said...

I have read a couple of the posts on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my website also and let me know your opinion.
Engine and Transmission World

Unknown said...

Interesting article and one which should be more widely known about in my view. Your level of detail is good and the clarity of writing is excellent. I have bookmarked it for you so that others will be able to see what you have to say

Engine and Transmission World